Tuesday, January 6, 2009

对自己负责Be Responsible For Yourself


如果你失败了,要对自己负全责。

If you failed, you have to hold the full responsibility for yourself.

一样事情失败了,一般人总会有很多理由。

In general, people tend to give many reasons for failing something.

十个之中,大概有八九个是指向别人、环境的。

9 out of 10 will point their fingers toward others or/and environments.

很少人能直指自己的过错。

People rarely pinpoint their own mistakes.

即使是自己的错,也是因别人而起,自己只不过是个受害者。

Even if it was my mistake, it’s resulted from others’ and I was only a victim.

“若不是他,我也不会。。。”

‘Had not been he, I would not have…”

“都是某某害人,设计来陷害我!”

“So and so set me up, I was trapped!”

“某某的心肠不好,在背后中伤我,说我坏话。。。”

“He is bad-hearted. He defamed and attacked me at the back of mine…”

“如果运气在我这边,我一定会成功。”

“Should the luck stay with me, surely I would succeed.”

“老天无眼,竟然。。。”

“God is unfair that…”

这些话语,往往可以遮掩自己失败窘境,平衡一下心理的挫折感。

过后,也不会认真的去检讨反省。当然,也就无法从中汲取教训、启发。往后,还可能重犯,再遭到挫败。

All these words very often will conceal our failure embarrassment and balance up our sense of frustration. We do not seriously examine and review the problem. Certainly, we can’t learn a lesson and get enlightened from it. Later on, we may repeat the same mistakes and experience the same defeats.

我们常常不能体会。。。客观因素之所以能够破坏我们,正好证明我们存有弱点。或许是努力不够,抑或对真相了解不透彻,还是方法不对,搞错了方向。

Most of the times we are unable to realize that it is because of our own weaknesses that objective elements could hold us back. It might due to slackness or inadequacy in knowing the truth or wrong way and direction.

换言之,对自己和客观情况的认识有所局限、误解。

In short, we don’t adequately understand ourselves and surroundings or we have misunderstood them.

要避免今后的重蹈覆辙,必需先从自己身上下手,改善和提升自己各方面的能力。

In order to prevent the recurrence we must start with ourselves by improving and upgrading in various respects.

一个不愿对自己负全责的人,所提出的任何理由都难免流于借口,最终受害的,还是自己。

If you are unwilling to accept the full responsibility, any reason you give will be equivalent to an excuse. This finally will harm you yourself.

只有肯对自己负全责,失败才不会永远跟随着他。

Only if you were willing to hold the full responsibility failure would not follow you forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment